- teamredminer v0.5.9 Release
This is an optimized miner for AMD GPUs created by todxx and kerney666.
For questions/comments about chukwa or cryptonight algorithms, please post in this.
This is the cuckarood29, cuckatoo31, mtp, x16rv2, x16r, x16rt, x16s, lyra2rev3, lyra2z, and phi2 thread for this miner.
- Cryptonight R (monero)
- Cryptonight v8 turtle (turtlecoin, loki)
- Cryptonight v8 half (stellite, masari)
- Cryptonight v8 double (x-cash)
- Cryptonight v8 reverse waltz (graft)
- Cryptonight v8 upx2 (uPlexa)
- Cryptonight v8
- Cryptonight heavy
- Cryptonight haven (haven)
- Cryptonight saber (bittube)
- Cryptonight conceal (conceal)
- Chukwa (trtl)
- x16rv2 (rvn)
- x16r (rvn)
- x16s (pgn, xsh)
- x16rt (veil, gin)
- MTP (zcoin)
- Cuckarood29 (grin)
- Cuckatoo31 (grin)
- Lyra2rev3 (vtc)
- Phi2 (lux, argoneum)
GPUs Supported and Tested:
- RX 580/570/480/470 on windows and linux with rocm or amdgpu-pro drivers
- RX Vega 64/56, Vega FE on windows and linux with rocm or amdgpu-pro/PAL drivers
- RX 560/550 on windows and linux with rocm or amdgpu-pro drivers
- Radeon VII on windows and linux with rocm or amdgpu-pro/PAL drivers
Windows/Linux download available here:
Download teamredminer v.0.5.9
API: The miner includes a read-only api based on the sgminer-5.5 API.
Both the json and text formats are supported. For more details, we refer to the sgminer api documentation.
- Supported GPU driver (see GPUs Supported above)
- For chukwa, mtp, cryptonight algos and lyra2rev3 on linux, only amdgpu-pro drivers are supported. Version 18.30 or newer is needed for Vegas. ROCm is not supported.
This miner includes the following dev fees:
- Cryptonight R: 2.5%
- Cryptonight v8 turtle: 2.5%
- Cryptonight v8 half: 2.5%
- Cryptonight v8 double: 2.5%
- Cryptonight v8 reverse waltz: 2.5%
- Cryptonight v8 upx2: 2.5%
- Cryptonight v8: 2.5%
- Cryptonight heavy: 2.5%
- Cryptonight haven: 2.5%
- Cryptonight saber: 2.5%
- Cryptonight conceal: 2.5%
- Chukwa 2.5%
- x16rv2 2.5%
- x16r 2.5%
- x16s 2.5%
- x16rt 2.5%
- MTP 2.5%
- Cuckarood29 2.5%
- Cuckatoo31 2.5%
- Lyra2rev3: 2.5%
- Lyra2z: 3%
- Phi2: 3%
For reporting bugs and/or for features requests please make a post here and we’ll do our best to respond.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Features In Development:
- New Algorithms
- Pool Failover
Changes in v0.5.9
- Added x16rv2 for the upcoming Ravencoin fork.
- Optimization work on x16r: +8-10% hashrate depending on clocks.
- Optimization work on x16r: mem clock no longer as important.
- Issue fix: kernels split into multiple binaries to fix linux amdgpu-pro driver issues.
Changes in v0.5.8
- Added Chukwa-512 algo For Turtlecoin (trtl_chukwa).
- Issue fix: kernels not loaded properly for Conceal.
- Issue fix: added logic for pool reconnect on N rejected shares in a row (see --pool_max_rejects=N).
Changes in v0.5.7
- Added CN conceal algo for Conceal (CCX).
- Added cuckarood29 algo for grin.
Changes in v0.5.6
- MTP improvements for Vega and Polaris (+1-3% hashrate, improved efficiency, esp Polaris)
Changes in v0.5.5
- Added cuckatoo31 algo for grin.
Changes in v0.5.4
- Fixed API bug for MTP, crashing when using Awesome Miner.
- Small MTP improvements, mostly for Polaris.
Changes in v0.5.3
- Added MTP algo for Zcoin/XZC (please read MTP_MINING.txt before mining).
- Further small stabilization fixes for CN variants, primarily 4MB algos.
Changes in v0.5.2
- Bugfix release only, no new added algos or features.
- Fix for 1-2% degraded hashrate on Radeon VIIs in some scenarios.
- Fix for Radeon VII allocation bug, causing hw errs.
- Fix for allocation bug causing crashes for some drivers and gpus.
Changes in v0.5.1
- Added better support for CN intensities 16*15, use --allow_large_alloc under Linux.
- Added --no_ntime_roll for mining x16rt on e.g. bsod.pw.
- Added Tonga device recognition.
- Better error reporting for pool communication issues.
Changes in v0.5.0
- Added cryptonight 4MB variants: heavy, haven and saber.
- Added x16 algo suite: x16r, x16s, x16rt (both gin and veil).
- Auto-tuning mode for all CN variants, see bundled guide.
- Manual key-driven CN tuning mode available inside the miner.
- Additional data in miner stats console output.
- Watchdog now detecting single stuck thread when mining CN.
- Fix: in rare cases, poolside hash for compute algos (lyra2z, phi2, lyra2rev3) only reached ~95% of expected value.
Changes in v0.4.5
- Added cryptonight v8 upx2 for the uPlexa coin fork.
- Reworked init procedure, added retry logic on comm errors.
- Added section on temps to the CN_MAX_YOUR_VEGA guide.
- Added a new howto MAP_YOUR_GPUS describing how to map gpus between miner/tools/registry.
Changes in v0.4.4
- Added * mode specifically for modded timings on Vega GPUs. Use with e.g. --cn_config=15*15. This mode is now the default for Vegas.
- Introduced slow start/ramp-up. Threads increase their workload slowly at start or restart after e.g. a network outage.
- Added interleave adjustment logic. Readjusts the two threads per gpu over time to make sure they don’t gravitate and get stuck.
- Added support for forcing colors (–force_color) for windows redirected consoles (git bash, cygwin, node.js).
- Added hotkey menu system (show stats, enable/disable gpu).
Changes in v0.4.3
- Added cryptonight v8 turtle (–algo cnv8_trtl) algo for coins such as turtle coin and loki.
- Added support for running CN mining single-threaded using Y+0 configurations.
- Changed the auto config mode for Radeon VII to L30+0 as a temporary setting.
Changes in v0.4.2
- Added cryptonight v8 half (–algo cnv8_half) algo for coins such as stellite and masari.
- Added cryptonight v8 double (–algo cnv8_dbl) algo for coins such as x-cash.
- Added cryptonight v8 reverse waltz (–algo cnv8_rwz) algo for coins such as graft.
- Added support for running devices on multiple OpenCL platforms.
- Fixed more issues with console colors on older windows versions.
- Added more cpu verification optimization for CN/R. CN/R cpu usage should decrease ~70%.
Changes in V0.4.1
- Removed server name verification for SSL connections. (Pools like supportxmr now work with SSL)
- Fixed bug causing GPUs to fail to initialize on some systems.
- Fixed bug causing GPUs to only run one thread (but display 2x hashrate)
- Fixed bug where having GPU_MAX_WORKGROUP_SIZE set too high would cause GPUs to crash.
- Fixed bug where older windows versions would get no console output.
- Added work-around for driver bug in linux amdgpu-pro drivers resulting in low pool-side hash for polaris cards in rare cases.
- Added some cpu verification optimizations. CN/R cpu usage should decrease about 15%.
Changes in v0.4.0
- Added cryptonight R support. (–algo cnr)
- Added support for ssl/tls pool connections using the stratum+ssl:// prefix.
- Added colors (and an option to disable them).
- Slight performance increase for lyra2rev3 (~0.5%).
- Fix for occasional crashes when pool disconnects.
- Added more messages regarding not being connected to dev pool.
- Changed printing to not block mining progress if stdout writes block.
Changes in v0.3.10
Slight performace improvement for Vegas on lyra2rev3
Pool stratum protocol work-arounds for some pools, fixing duplicate share error.
Changed handling of unrecognized pool rpcs to be ignored instead of causing a reconnect.
Fix for duplicate shares on 480/580/Vega56 cards with lyra2rev3.
Changes in v0.3.9
Added support for lyra2rev3 on amdgpu-pro and windows. ROCm support coming in later version.
Fixed API bug with not reporting dead GPUs
Changes in v0.3.8
Added support for fan speed and temperatures.
Added watchdog function for gpu init stuck, dead gpu, over-temp gpu, and non-responding pool.
Added new optional ‘L’ config prefix for low-end cards like lexa/baffin for a 10+% speed-up on some cards
Added an option for writing out a log file.
Added cycling through multi-entry dns records when connecting to pools.
Added a pool-connect timeout.
Added measurement and displaying of pool response times.
Added support for 80-byte headers for Phi2 algo (for non-LUX coins).
Slightly tuned the ‘+’ mode for polaris, some GPUs will show slight performance increase.
Fixed bug with API interface occasionally getting stuck.
Changes in v0.3.7
Redesigned GPU initialization, should now be less error prone.
Added clean shutdown to reduce driver/GPU crashes.
Added staggered GPU start-up to reduce GPU crashes.
Added CPU verification for CNv8 and associated --no_cpu_check option.
Fixed crash on pool authentication error.
Added --pool_broken_rpc work-around option for pools that violate json rpc spec.
Added option to reorder by PCIe bus numbers.
Added --list_devices option to show available devices.
Added changed stats formatting to indicate which numbers are accepted/rejected/hw-error shares.
Added uptime to stats.
Changes in v0.3.6
Added support for Rx550 cards (gfx804).
Improved stability on larger rigs, especially with weaker cpus.
Improved error reporting on failed initialization.
Changes in v0.3.5
Changed GPU initialization to be sequential by default and added --init_style option for faster init styles.
Fixed network buffer size issue preventing the use of very long usernames/passwords/rig_ids.
Added opencl platform auto-detection for AMD platforms when --platform is not specified.
Changes in v0.3.4
Added CryptoNight v8 (CNv2) support
Changed stats display to include pool hashrate and better formatting
Added parallel GPU initialization
Added output of submitted/accepted/rejected shares.
Changed hashrate reported to be full GPU hashrate (previously hashrate reported was after dev fee deduction)
Changes in v0.3.3
ROCm support reintroduced
API support based on the sgminer API
Improved GPU platform detection
PCIe bus id printed on startup and is available over API
Added option for periodic stats interval
Changes in v0.3.2
Added windows support/build
Added vega PAL driver support
Removed ROCm support (temporarily)
Removed libjansson dependency
Changes in v0.3.1
Fixed phi2 issues with rejected shares and low pool-side hashrate.